History

 

Oct 1951 Hokyo Ra established "Toho Trading Company" for auto parts wholesale, import car parts sales, car maintenance, and gas station.

Mar 1952 Reorganized to "Toho Automobile Co., Ltd". Capital 3,000,000JPY

Apr 1960 Toho Building, reinforced concrete 4th ground floor, was constructed in 1-10-2 Motomachi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka.
Automobile sales was started as the agent of New Kansai Motors.

Feb 1961 New office was built in 3-6-25 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka, automobile sales department was moved to here.

Oct 1972 New office building, underground 1st floor and the ground 3rd floor totally 2,605 ㎡ was built at 1-10-7 Motomachi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka. Started car parking business at the underground floor at the same time.

Nov 1987 Auto parts department Fukushima office building was constructed in 3-6-25 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka. 4th floor building, 1400㎡.

Dec 1989 New 4th floor building for head office was built in 1-10-7 Motomachi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka. Maintenance workshop area and other floors are expanded.

Feb 1990 Automotive department "Osaka-Namba showroom" was built in 3-12-24 Nambanaka, Naniwa-ku, Osaka.

Nov 1994 Auto parts department Fukushima office building extended 5th floor in 3-6-25 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka.

Oct 1997 New office building for auto parts department was built beside Fukushima office building. 3-6-10 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka. 1700㎡.

Dec 1998 Acquired imported car dismantling plant in 5-130-4 Daisennishicho, Sakai-shi, Osaka. 652.85㎡.

May 2000 Opened web shop of import car parts.

Oct 2001 Held a 50th anniversary ceremony at Royal Hotel Osaka.

Oct 2002 Mitsuo Ra was inaugurated as new CEO.
Acquired "South Osaka auto parts distribution center" 2100㎡ in 2-1-23 Minamitsumori, Nishinari-ku, Osaka.
Used car parts department became independent and named "UP-TO Co., Ltd".

Jul 2005 Opened Used car center "CAR ZOO" in Higashi-Osaka.

Oct 2006 Held 55th anniversary ceremony at the Swissotel Osaka.

Nov 2006 Opened tuning shop "D-Stimmer".

Apr 2007 Two new companies were established for operating imported car official dealers, "Toho Autofreude Co., Ltd" for Volkswagen official dealer, and "Toho International Car Service Co., Ltd" for Volvo and Jaguar official dealers.

Mar 2009 Toho International Car Service Co., Ltd was merged into Toho Automobile. Co., Ltd.

Oct 2009 Toho Autofreude Co., Ltd opened its second VW official dealer "Volkswagen Osaka-Namba".

Oct 2009 Auto parts department of Toho Automobile moved to South Osaka auto parts distribution center. The center was renamed "Osaka office and distribution center".

Apr 2012 Export & Import division of Toho Automobile Co., Ltd became independent and named "World Parts Co., Ltd".

Oct 2013 Toho Autofreude opened its third and fourth VW official dealers "Volkswagen Nara-Chuo" and "Volkwagen Nara-Gakuenmae".

Mar 2015 Toho Automobile established and opened "Tokyo Office" in Gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo.

Jul 2015 Toho Autofreude opened VW Guaranteed Used Car Center as "VW Nara DWA" next to Volkswagen Nara-Gakuenmae.

Oct 2015 Toho Automobile opened "Car 7 Sakai-Mozu store" which was first Car 7’s store in Osaka.

Jun 2016 Toho Automobile opened Higashinihon Parts Center "HPC" in Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa.

Oct 2016 Hiroki Kitano was inaugurated as new vice president.
Held 65th anniversary ceremony at the RIHGA Royal Hotel Osaka.

Apr 2017 Toho Holdings Co.,Ltd which owns Toho Automobile, Toho Autofreude, and World Parts was newly established as their parent company.